Calgary Open Dance Competition, 2006
The professionals made it worth the 50$ per ticket we paid.
I had yet to just watch a pair of dancers with my mouth hanging open, my drink forgotten; until Andre and Natale Paramonov from Russia seduced the entire audience with their rumba routine. I was mesmerized. They were fun, full of energy, and Natale was so flexible that I might even consider taking up yoga someday.
The one thing that stood out from all the other professionals I watched was that they liked mingling with the audience, as one of the photos show. First Andre P. figured he'd sit on the lap of a lucky audience member; then Natale figured she'd go make nice with a male audience member.
I can see why they currently hold a Championship position in Canada and one in South America. Thanks to Andre A. for taking the photos.

2 Comments:
I think Justin described the rumba as sex on the dance floor. hehe :) Too bad Geoff and I couldn't make it to this comp. Next time maybe.
I prefer to use the word 'seduction' over sex... a bit more descriptive. :)
But to each their own...
Post a Comment
<< Home