From Cairnes to ...
... Melbourne now.
The wedding last night (ceremony) went very well. Felicia looked fabulous and everything went off almost without a hitch. Somewhere in there (reception) someone started playing drinking games, but the bouncers stopped that rather quickly which led to some upset parents. Well, I say the fault was on the drinkers' side... you are responsible for how much you drink.
The fun part was explaining to everyone the story of why Sandra and I share the same first and last name... I'm sure that story went off quite a few times.
It was held in Yering Vineyard, an hour away from Melbourne.
Between talking to my cousins which I see roughly every 5 - 15 years (due to their location in HK/Aussie), playing with my newfound friend Anthony, who I am Auntie to, wedding stuffs, and well, figuring out where I'm sleeping the next few days has eaten up a lot of my time (and Andre's). There's a lot of Cantonese and English flying around. It's very easy to see a lot of Pang's (Mom's side) floating around, but it is only weddings and funerals that we see the Laus all gathered together.
I tend to speak in both; so I can exercise my rusty Cantonese and so Andre can understand what's going on. But my aunts and uncles are proficient in both, and to Anthony, who is Cynthia's little boy, well, he speaks little-kid-ese.
Anyway, again, gotta run. Will tell the full story of why our luggage ran away later... but when they say your luggage checks through to the end of your trip, don't always trust them (even if your end destination is printed on the luggage tag!)

1 Comments:
Hey, I don't know the story behind Sandi and Sandra Lau. Do fill us in later when you're home and bored! Can't wait to see the wedding pics too so I can get some ideas for our wedding in July. Have fun in Melbourne!
Post a Comment
<< Home