9/21/2005

Moving, 2005

The house has dramatically changed since these pictures were taken, but with the move, it means I have no digital camera handy until I get around to purchasing one. That'll come eventually one of these days.

The doors in this house hang funny, and take some work to close. So one day, Andre and Tony went and rehung the doors to some extent - tightening and all. Mind you, most of the doors work well, but the hall closet door was tightened so much that it's now a bit of a task to close and open. Still, I appreciate the efforts. :)

Andre also successfully (well, the tap doesn't drip now if you tighten it enough) changed the washers on my tap and thus it doesn't drip anymore! I was so happy... I'd started to get used to sleeping with a dripping tap I could hear from the kitchen. Now I hope my water fees will come down.

The living room now has half a couch which I borrowed from Andre, a rocking chair from home, the wolf poster has been hung, and the sound system featured in a picture now sits on a table and is fully connected. The fun part about this house is that there isn't many outlets with the ground in it, but all my sound system plugs have the ground. So I now have an orange extension cord which stretches along the wall of my livingroom to the sound system :)

The dining room and living room now have a screen which I purchased from Jysk to separate the two and thus define the two rooms some more. Amusingly enough, given that Ikea is Swedish, I've come to realize since that Jysk is the Danish equivalent, but smaller of Ikea. They have world wide stores, and some pieces specifically have a "Made in Denmark" sticker when they are featured in the flyer.

My bedroom now has that big desk (which Andre's laptop sat on in the picture) moved out and a dresser put in, a full size bookcase, and a rug. The bathroom and front door are the only ones that were not changed.

There's much more to do to this place tho!

1 Comments:

Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

Hi Sandi,

I can't wait to see your new place. From the pictures it looks pretty cool! At least you can paint your place. If Geoff and I get an apt there's probably no way that we'll be able to paint the walls crazy colours. I can't stand plain walls so I guess I'll have to put up lots of pictures (nice wolf pic btw) and colourful fabrics I bought in Africa to brighten the place up.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home