You have no idea...
... just how nice it is to see my sweetheart after 5 months of distance!
That's not including the 21 hour trip I took over here. 4 hours from Calgary to Toronto, 3 hour layover in Toronto, 6 hour flight from Toronto to London, 8 hour overnight layover in London with said luggages, and finally 1 hour flight from London to Copenhagen.
I'm sitting here providing support to my boy before he defends Wednesday and he has a presentation to make tomorrow. Which is why I'm still in the lab at this late hour. He, on the other hand is being rather articulate to his robots.
I've missed Copenhagen - the culture, the sights, the sounds. The nice thing is that since I do know some snippets of Danish by now, I can sometimes comprehend / guess some of the signs here. I love Europe, always have, always will. The fact that the taxes are already worked into the price tags so there's no silly GST crap, the fact that you go far enough and you'll see some architectural beauty, and even the fact of people nattering away in a language I can't quite comprehend.
Someday I will learn Danish properly... right now, I pick up Undskyld no problem, and apfel and apsel mean apple and orange... kinda neat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home