Heart Mountain Hike ...
... was probably one of the most interesting and difficult hikes I've ever done. It was originally classified as a scramble, which meant that you needed to use both hands and feet to get up the mountain.
There were moments where having your feet dangling over a cliff became a bit freaky, because if you lost your grip you were going for a good tumble which would ensure early entry into the next life. But we all made it up safely up the mountain, enjoyed the view, took some photos, and then gingerly picked our way back down the mountain. There was no real path and it was 90% loose shale.
It was still a lot of fun, definetly hard on the muscles as I realized today trying to walk up stairs. I also got to catch up with Scott and give my full body a decent workout.

4 Comments:
Heart Mountain would be such a brutal first hike of the season. Heart Creek Trail is more my pace....
:)
heheh a few people expressed (hopefully mock) displeasure at my choice of the hike.
Well, we might have to think twice when you tell us the next hike is ... not that hard ... ;)
Next hike - Pickle Jar Lakes. If you make it the first week of June, I might be able to come!
Let me pick the hikes! I know all the scenic hikes that aren't too difficult or steep. If you get me on a steep hike you may have to leave me up on the mountain cuz I won't come down!
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home