12/10/2005

Thus goes another year...

... so in the space of a year, things change, and new adventures happen.

The latest new adventure I've embarked upon is switching jobs. I got a nice month of rest, and now am happily employed once more in a sector that I'm comfortable in - oil and gas. Andre has been amazing during my term of unemployment. There's something to be said for putting in the effort every single day.

Looking back, my official stats are 54 applications, and 12 interviews out of it.

That said, both Andre and I are embarking for the warm sunny beaches of Australia in January to get away from the cold. So far, the plans are tentatively in place to be in Sydney, Cannes, and finally Melbourne, to attend my cousin's wedding. I look forward to seeing her and her sister. In March 2007 tentatively, we are headed to South Africa to visit the Andersens.

With so many beautiful places to visit, it's almost a shame to not have a camera to capture the landscape and some happy memories. Because my boy has such a touch with cameras, we are once again looking at a digital SLR purchase.

If I don't get around to updating once again, Merry Christmas, and I wish all of you the best in the New Year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Avatamsaka Monastery Choir said...

Hi Sandi,

Congrats on the job! Isn't it awesome that you can now make rent and utilities comfortably? Can't wait till this whole "poor grad student" status is a thing of the past for me!

Merry Xmas! See you on the 21st.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home