12/23/2005

Glædelig Jul og godt nytår!

Glædelig Jul og godt nytår!

Our real tree this year is decorated with many red and white woven paper hearts (along with some dark/light green and some purple/blue ones as trials). The heart is a traditional symbol of Denmark.

Julie and I also discovered that despite 3 degrees, two veterans of crafts (in particular origami), and two generally bright girls, was not enough to figure out how to fold the last step of the Danish star. By fluke I have managed one but I couldn't get the pointy parts right. But we did succeed in the paper heart baskets.

The next time we are in Denmark I will have to ask Sonja for a lesson! But, to put my touch on the tree, I will be adding small paper cranes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pictures! Its so nice to 'see' the things you're talking about... Merry Christmas to you both :)

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home