Dragonboating, Sylven Lake 2005
This weekend Topmade sent out a team to race at the Sylvan Lake Dragonboat Festival. We paddled in the wet and cold, which was reminscent of Calgary DB Festival last year, and we just missed podium. However, it was a picture finish - 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place were all within one second of each other.
One of the boats ended up starting in our lane... and finishing in our lane. I didn't quite hit their dragonboat, but I know I smacked some of their paddles. Think it was either Team ID or CDBC, hard to tell. Also, as you can probably tell from pictures, the DT2 dragonboats are different from the Dynasty dragonboats and they're heavier, plus it's harder to find a foothold.
Our times throughout the three races (mm:ss) : 2:19, 2:17, 2:14.
These pictures are courtesy of Sheldon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home